Stay in shape.
A wide range of sports can be practiced in the university campus.
Physical education and sport at UPB
The Department of Physical Education, Sports and Physiotherapy offers a broad range of programs, courses and facilities for students who are interested in a healthy lifestyle. Sports competitions, both at national and international level, are an important dimension of the UPB campus live.
The P.E. course:
- is included in the educational program;
- takes place in the form of a laboratory;
- a qualification/grade is given at the end of each semester, or at the end of the study year.
A medical certificate with the specification CLINICALLY HEALTHY is mandatory in order to attend the courses. After November 1st, students who do not bring their medical certificates are no longer able to participate in the activities.
The didactic activity with 1st and 2nd-year students takes place in the form of practical lessons and includes a wide range of sports - basketball, volleyball, football, gymnastics, and physical therapy.
The practical lessons are held in the 2 gymnasiums of U.P.B. or outdoors, on the sports fields.
Physiotherapy courses are organized with students who present some ailments and physical deficiencies, having the recommendation of the specialist doctor and the U.P.B. medical office, specifying the respective diagnosis.
The P.E. activities include the following forms of organization:
- Physical education courses based on general motor skills: Basketball, Badminton, Football, Aerobics, Volleyball, Fitness, Physical therapy, Mass sports, competitions (one participation per semester);
- Training courses for the UPB sports teams, with selected students from both Bachelor and Master years, in the following sports: Badminton, Basketball (girls), Basketball (boys), Dance, Football, Cheerleaders, Swimming, Chess, Tennis, Table tennis, Volleyball (girls), Volleyball (boys), Skiing and snowboarding.
All these forms of activity are organized with the guidance of specialized teaching staff from the UPB Department of Physical Education and Sports – Physiotherapy.
- Competitions are organized in the following sports: badminton, basketball, football, aerobic gymnastics and dance, handball, swimming, chess, field tennis, table tennis, skiing, volleyball, and country cross.
- To participate in competitions, students are required to know the basic rules of the respective sport.
- For participation in competitions, students can receive 1/2 attendance, depending on how many hours of physical education they have per semester (7 or 14 respectively), regardless of how many competitions they participate in.
- Students can register in competitions by accessing the following link: https://sport.upb.ro/formular-inscriere/.
- At the competitions, students must bring their student cards.
We know it is vital to stay in shape, so we provide several gyms for UPB students:
- The "Noul Local" gym - equipped with the latest and most modern accessories for practicing team sports;
- The soccer court with natural turf in the Leu Campus;
- Soccer and basketball court (synthetic surface) - located next to the "Noul Local" gymnasium;
- the exercise room in the R2 Building in the Regie Campus;
- the Leu Campus gym.
Leisure opportunities in Bucharest
As you probably already know, Bucharest is the largest city in Romania and the capital of the country. The leisure opportunities are certainly attractive. Just to set your curiosity agog, we tell you that you can rent a bicycle, go to concerts, movies, plays or shopping.
You can spend time outdoors or go to a reading garden. We recommend that you also take time to visit the 57 museums of Bucharest or to listen to a concert at the Romanian Athenaeum or Opera.
Student sports clubs Bucharest: handball, motorcycle, chess, volleyball, basketball, bridge and kempō
The student sports club ȘTIINȚA BUCUREȘTI is headquartered at the University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest and is affiliated with specialized sports federations for the branches: handball, motorcycle, chess, volleyball, basketball, bridge and kempō.
Its mission is to create a nationally and internationally recognized sporting program for students.