The European Economic Area (EEA) and Norway Grants represent the contribution of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway to reducing economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area and to strengthening bilateral relations with the 15 beneficiary countries in Eastern and Southern Europe and the Baltic states.
These financial mechanisms are based on the European Economic Area Agreement which reunites the EU member states and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway as equal partners in the internal market.
The study mobilities is possible through mobility projects implemented between any higher education institutions in the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, namely Donor States, DS) and in Beneficiary Countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia).
- The mobility consists in a study period of 3 to 12 months (within the same academic year) or a traineeship period of 2 to 12 months (within the same academic year) in one of the Donor States (DS).
- Reciprocally, it allows students from DS universities to undertake a study or traineeship period under the same duration conditions as above (within the same academic year) at UPB. Mobility periods can be combined (study + traineeship).
- Students will be selected by the UPB, through a clear and transparent process. Eligible students are any students enrolled in any cycle of education (bachelor, master, PhD).
- For study mobility, the student in the 1st cycle shall be enrolled at least in the second year of study.
- For traineeship this condition does not apply. Recent graduates are eligible for traineeships under the following condition: they are selected before the graduation and the mobility takes place within 12 months after graduation.
- Recognition shall be made on the basis of the Learning/Traineeship agreement, approved by all parties before the start of the mobility. The EEA mobility period shall also be included in the Diploma Supplement.
- Students with special needs can request a specific additional grant, after being selected for a mobility period. Financial support (including costs with a potential accompanying person) must be motivated in a official notification sent by the Project Promoter to the PO.
The grant will consist of: subsistence component + travel component.
|Individual support for staff|
|Individual support (subsistence) for Romanian students undertaking a study or traineeships mobility to one of the DS||1200 €/month (unit cost)|
|Individual support (subsistence) for DS students coming for study or traineeships to Romania||1000 €/month (unit cost)|
Transport (unit cost for students mobility): according to the distance band calculated with the distance calculator available at: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus plus/resources/distance-calculator_en
|Description||Amount (unit cost)|
|Contribution to travel costs of participants, from their place of location to activity venue and return||
Distances between 10-99 km: 20 EUR / participant
Distances between 100-499 km: 180EUR / participant
Distances between 500-1999 km: 275 EUR / participant
Distances between 2000-2999 km: 360 EUR/ participant
Distances between 3000-3999 km: 530 EUR / participant
Distances between 4000-7999 km: 820 EUR / participant
For more information please contact UPB European Funds Department: firstname.lastname@example.org