Do you wish to study in Romania and you are a citizen of a country outside the European Union or the European Economic Area?
For the beginning, you will have to apply at UPB and get an admission.
The next step is obtaining the long stay visa for students from the diplomatic missions and consular offices of Romania. You can find them listed here:
You can obtain the long-term visa for studies as a student, master student, doctoral candidate or under a student exchange program. The institution at which you will study can be public or private, on condition of being accredited according to law. The visa is also granted to foreigners accepted for studies based on international documents to which Romania is a party.
The following documents will be necessary in order to apply for a long-stay visa as a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD student:
- Confirmation of acceptance for studies, issued by the Ministry of National Education, that states you are going to follow a full-time form of education;
- Proof of payment of the tuition fee for at least a year of study;
- proof of means of self-support, quantified as at least the country’s minimum net monthly wage, for the whole period specified by the visa;
- criminal record or another document with the same judicial value;
- medical insurance during the visa validity period;
- for minors, the parents or legal guardian authorization regarding residence with the purpose of study on Romanian territory.