EU: European Union; EEA: European Economic Area; SC: Swiss Confederation
Candidates who graduated high-school or a Bachelor/Master study programme in a European Union country, other than Romania, must have their study documents recognized and validated by the Romanian National Centre for the Recognition and Validation of Diplomas (CNRED) https://www.cnred.edu.ro/en/higher-education, part of the Romanian Ministry of Education. According to the national Law 316/ 12.07.2006, citizens from member states of the European Union, European Economic Area and Swiss Confederation, have the right to apply to studies in Romania, in the same financial circumstances as Romanian citizens.
The procedure for the validation and equivalence of diplomas must be done by the candidate, by submitting the necessary files directly to the Ministry of Education and Research. After receiving the Certificate for the Recognition of studies, the candidates will be able to apply at UPB.
In case the student has a Romanian diploma for the last study cycle (depending on the case, high-school or Bachelor), there is no need for a formal recognition of studies from the Ministry of Education.
Registration period: April, 2023 – July, 2023
The application process for the UPB faculties is done on the online platform https://admitere.pub.ro.
The distribution and the number of places for each faculty can be found here.
For the academic year 2023-2024 the Admission process will take place in 3 different sessions:
- Session I – Pre-admission (file contest) April - June;
- Session II - Admission (written exam) July;
- Session III – Admission(completing the file with documents) July - August.
To apply on the platform you need to fill in your personal details (full name, gender, nationality, ID, address, accommodation needs, preffered language for studies, diploma for high-school studies, diploma for Bachelor studies – if the case).
You need to upload the following documents:
- Application form;
- Birth certificate;
- High-school diploma;
- Transcript of records from high-school;
- Declaration regarding the authenticity of the documents;
- Language diploma;
- Diplomas from contests or olympiads;
- Bachelor diploma – if the case;
- Transcript of records for Bachelor studies – if the case (the academic situation for the years of study completed, containing the subjects, grades, number of credits / ECTS and number of course hours for each subject, issued by the higher education institution where the applicant previously studied);
- The certificate for equivalence / recognition from CNRED for the last study diploma;
- Medical certificate;
- Receipt for enrollment fee.
The language of the documents should be: Romanian / English / French / Spanish / Italian or certified translation for any other languages.
After being admitted, you need to upload the receipt for the enrollment fee and study fee on the online platform.
When coming for enrollment, you will submit the original study documents at the faculty, along with the necessary certified translations (if the case).
According to the Accommodation Regulation of UPB, EU students can be provided accommodation within the Campus, paying the same amount as the Romanian students.