Free Optional Course of Japanese Language and Culture
About the course
The course will be held at the Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages and it will be delivered by an experimented teacher who lived for 11 years in Japan, studied and taught Japanese language and culture to students from leading Japanese universities.
The course materials will be provided by the university.
At the end of the course, students will receive a graduation diploma from UPB. Afterwards, they can apply for the international exam of Japanese language JLPT (Japanese-Language Proficiency Test) N5 (CEFR A1-A2).
In this course you will:
- get more insight and knowledge about the country and its people;
- learn about language in general - differences compared to European languages;
- understand intercultural differences;
- read and speak simple sentences.
Duration: 1 year (two semesters, four hours a week).
Two groups of 15-20 students will be formed.
May 1 – June 30, 2022
UPB students from all study cycles can sign up for the selection, except doctoral students in the extension period.
Selection is made through document screening.
* Within the screening process, applicants who meet the admissions criteria based on comprehensive evaluation of the submitted documents will be granted admission if the number of applicants does not exceed the capacity.
The applicants must submit the documents in the application form.
To be eligible for the Japanese course, students must:
- not have repeated any year of study;
- not have any unpassed exam from the last exam session.
|1. Academic performance (average academic score)||30|
|2. English proficiency level||20|
|3. Motivation Letter||20|
|4. Curriculum Vitae (scholarships, competitions, projects etc.)||30|
Academic performance (0-30)
- A student with an average academic score of 9,50 or higher, will receive 30 points;
- A student with an average academic score between 8,50 - 9,50 will receive 20 points;
- A student with an average academic score between 7,50 - 8,50 will receive 10 points;
- A student with an average academic score less than 7,50 will not receive any points.
English proficiency level (0-20)
- A student whose mother tongue is English or has a proficiency level equivalent to CEFR C1 or C2, will receive 20 points;
- A student with an English proficiency level equivalent to CEFR B2, will receive 15 points;
- A student who studies all courses in English will receive 15 points;
- A student with an English proficiency certificate issued by UPB will receive 15 points;
- Otherwise 0.
Motivation Letter (0-20)
The score is 20 points. The selection commission will give 30 points to exceptional applications.
Curriculum Vitae (0-30)
- CVs with extracurricular activities will receive 30 points;
- CVs without extracurricular activities will receive 15 points.
Academic performance will not be taken into consideration here.
Announcement: By 15th of July 2022 on the website https://international.upb.ro/ and by email.