The mission of the Department of International Relations (DRI) is to support the UPB internationalization activities, aimed at achieving the strategic goals of the university as a global education and research institution.
DRI’s main activities are:
- Develops and maintains relationships with diplomatic missions and government departments in charge of international relations
- Deals with official correspondence and establishes relationships with universities abroad
- Informs and raises awareness about the different aspects of internationalisation (mobility, cooperation, grants, scholarships)
- Stimulates our university in accessing programmes such as ERASMUS, CEEPUS, DAAD, EEA and NORWAY GRANTS and facilitates access to scholarships granted by NGOs or other types of institutions (FULBRIGHT, AUF, DAAD etc.)
- Presents and promotes our university at international conferences, educational fairs and other international events
- Promotes a broader range of international activities, such as hosting summer schools, supporting doctoral student mobility, international internships and research placements, etc.
- Offers counsultancy to the students and academics involved in mobility activities within our university
- Plans, monitors and evaluates the mobility programs for our students, academics and researchers who are involved in such activities
- Offers legal support regarding the formalities for traveling abroad of the UPB academics, administrative staff and students ( including information regarding visa granting conditions)
- Manages documents and disseminates information regarding international cooperation