Visa and emigration conditions

Do you wish to study in Romania and you are a citizen of a country outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area?

For start, you will have to apply at UPB and get an admission.

The next step is obtaining the long stay visa for students from the diplomatic missions and consular offices of Romania. You can find them listed here:

You can obtain a long stay visa for studies for a Bachelor’s/Master’s program or a PhD student, or within a student exchange program. Visas can also be given to foreigners who are part of an international agreement Romania is part of.

The following documents will be necessary in order to apply for a long stay visa as a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD student:

- confirmation of acceptance for studies, issued by the Ministry of National Education, that states you are going to follow a full-time form of education;
- proof of payment of the tuition fee for at least a year of study;
- proof of means of self-support, quantified as at least the country’s minimum net monthly wage, for the whole period specified by the visa;
- criminal record or another document with the same judicial value;
- medical insurance during the visa validity period;
- for minors, the parents or legal guardian authorization regarding residence with the purpose of study on Romanian territory.

We recommend that you allocate enough time for all the formalities.
Call Now Button