DRI provides institutional and informational support to students, academic and administrative staff.
The mission of the International Relations Department (DRI) is to support the internationalization activities within the POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest, aimed at achieving the strategic goals of the university as a national, regional, European and global education and research institution.
- the negotiation and registration of bilateral or multilateral agreements;
- developing relationships with the diplomatic missions and government departments responsible for the international relations;
- management of official correspondence related to the initial establishment of contacts with foreign universities;
- organising information and awareness-raising activities on the main internationalization channels (mobility, cooperation, grants, scholarships, etc.);
- encouraging the international participation of UPB in programs such as ERASMUS, CEEPUS, Leonardo, DAAD, etc., respectively facilitating access to scholarships granted by non-governmental organizations or other types of institutions (CNBSS, FULBRIGHT, AUF, DAAD, HUMBOLDT, CANON);
- representing and promoting the university abroad by attending conferences, educational fairs, high-level meetings or other events;
- providing counselling services to students and academic and research staff who carry out a mobility internship at UPB;
- planning, monitoring and evaluation of mobility internship for students, professors and researchers affiliated to POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest;
- support for carrying out formalities related to travelling abroad of teaching, administrative staff and students (including visa related information);
- information and document management relating to international cooperation activities.