Seminar on Internationalisation and Innovation in Higher Education: Sharing Best Practices and Exploring Future Perspectives
13 April 2019
University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest
Organised at the initiative of the University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest, the event will provide an open platform for exchanges between academics and practitioners in the fields of internationalisation and innovation.
This event focuses on key issues and recent developments in internationalisation and innovation in Higher Education. Speakers from leading organizations are invited to present good practices, analyze the challenges for the universities of the 21st century and provide input on how key takeaways can be implemented at their home institution in order to support an effective internationalization process.
The seminar is addressed both to academics and practitioners who are responsible for internationalization and innovation at their home institutions.
It will involve plenary sessions, a number of interactive workshops and networking opportunities.
Keynote interventions (Central Library, room 2.1)
- 9:00 – 9:15 Opening Speech: Objectives and Programme of the Seminar
Mihnea COSTOIU, Rector, University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest, Romania
- 9:15 – 9:45 Internationalization of Education in Romania
Luminița MATEI, Director, Department of International Relations, Ministry of National Education
- 9:45 – 10:15 Mobility in Higher Education – Focus on Romania
Monica CALOTĂ, Director, National Agency for Community Programmes in the Field of Education and Vocational Training, Romania
- 10:15 – 10:45 Partnerships for International Education in Europe
Gwenaëlle GUILLERME, Secretary General, T.I.M.E Association
- 10:45 – 11:15 Coffee break
- 11:15 – 11:45 Invited Talk 2: International Students Recruitment
- 11:45 – 12:15 Increasing the EU Funds participation: The Role of Internationalization
Andries VERSPEETEN, Policy Adviser for International Relations, Ghent University, Belgium
- 12:15 – 12:45 Developing an international environment for doctoral candidates with the support of European structural funds
Horia IOVU, Vice-Rector, University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest, Romania
- 12:45 – 13:45 Lunch
- 13:45 – 15:00 Workshop 1: Mobilities and Curriculum Design -Central Library, Room 2.2
- 13:45 – 15:00 Workshop 2: International Academic Mobility -Central Library, Room 2.3
- 13:45 – 15:00 Workshop 3: Tailoring Your Social Media Strategy to Recruit International Students Facilitator: Ioana BARBU Kite Digital Agency -Central Library, Room 3.2
- 13:45 – 15:00 Workshop 3: University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest Internationalization Strategy -Central Library, Room 4.3
- 15:00 – 15:30 A Road Map for Internationalization of Higher Education
- 15:30 – 17:30 Networking Reception