Seminar on Internationalisation and Innovation in Higher Education: Sharing Best Practices and Exploring Future Perspectives
13 April 2019
University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest
Organised at the initiative of the University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest, the event will provide an open platform for exchanges between academics and practitioners in the fields of internationalisation and innovation.
This event focuses on key issues and recent developments in internationalisation and innovation in Higher Education. Speakers from leading organizations are invited to present good practices, analyze the challenges for the universities of the 21st century and provide input on how key takeaways can be implemented at their home institution in order to support an effective internationalization process.
The seminar is addressed both to academics and practitioners who are responsible for internationalization and innovation at their home institutions.
It will involve plenary sessions, a number of interactive workshops and networking opportunities.
Keynote interventions (Central Library, room 2.1)
- 9:00 – 9:15 Opening Speech: Objectives and Programme of the Seminar
Mihnea COSTOIU, Rector, University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest, Romania
- 9:15 – 9:45 Internationalization of Education in Romania – Ana
ANGHELESCU, Counselor, Department of International Relations, Ministry of National Education
- 9:45 – 10:15 Mobility in Higher Education – Focus on Romania
Monica CALOTĂ, Director, National Agency for Community Programmes in the Field of Education and Vocational Training, Romania
- 10:15 – 10:45 The Challenges in Higher Education: What Are the Disruptive Elements – Gwenaëlle GUILLERME, Secretary-General, T.I.M.E Association
- 10:45 – 11:15 Coffee break
- 11:15 – 11:45 Invited Talk 2: International Students Recruitment – Delia
OTELEA, University Engagement & Data Quality Specialist, Studyportals
- 11:45 – 12:15 Double Degrees: Experiences and Challenges Lavinia STANESCU, Deputy Director International Relations Department, CentraleSupélec, France
- 12:15 – 12:45 Developing an international environment for doctoral candidates with the support of European structural funds – Horia IOVU, Vice-Rector, University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest, Romania
- 12:45 – 13:45 Lunch
- 13:45 – 15:00 Workshop 1: International Academic Mobility Facilitator: Professor Irina Severin, University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest Central Library, Room 2.2
- 13:45 – 15:00 Workshop 2: Tailoring Your Social Media Strategy to Recruit International Students Facilitator: Ioana BARBU Kite Digital Agency -Central Library, Room 2.3
- 15:00 – 15:30 Concluding Remarks: A Road Map for Internationalization of Higher Education
- 15:30 – 17:30 Networking Reception